Woodland Hills Leak Detection
Serving the San Fernando Valley & the Los Angeles Area
A water leak in the home is a serious plumbing matter that requires immediate
attention from a licensed plumbing company. How soon the cause of the
water leak is detected and corrected could be the difference between minor
and major home restoration damage and repairs.
Think you might have a hidden water leak? Call JMS Express Plumbing at
(818) 805-1159 for leak detection in Woodland Hills, Sherman Oaks, Tarzana, Encino, and beyond!
How to Tell When You Have a Hidden Water Leak
Some water leak symptoms are obvious and cannot be ignored, while more
subtle leaks can be overlooked because homeowners are not aware of the
signs that reveal an invisible water leak may be present. If your home or
business has any of the following symptoms, we encourage you to give JMS Express
Plumbing a call so we can provide an on-site preliminary water leak assessment
to determine if an invisible leak is present and if an electronic leak
detection or other action is needed.
Some of the common signs of a slab leak include:
- Dry, musty, mildew odor around walls or carpet
- Water bill is exceptionally higher than previous months for no apparent reason
- Discoloration or cracks on ceiling or walls
- Hot or cold spots on area of the floor
- Warped hardwood or laminate flooring
- Sound of running water when no fixtures or appliances are in use
Slab Leak Detection Process
JMS Express Plumbing uses state-of-the art electronic leak detection equipment
to trace and identify the pressurized line that is leaking. This is accomplished
without damaging floors.
Our slab leak detection process involves the following steps:
- Performing a preliminary diagnosis to confirm a pressurized leak is present
and to determine if an electronic leak detection is required
- Testing each house fixture with electronic leak detection equipment to
detect and pinpoint the leaking water line
Upon locating the pipe leak and based on circumstances, we take one of
the two actions indicated below (please note these actions are not included
in the fee for leak detection service):
When water restoration service is needed or time is required by the homeowner
to get insurance authorization to repair the leak:
- We will cut and cap the faulty pipe to immediately stop leaking water and
to mitigate further water leak damage. This typically results in loss
of water service to one or more fixtures or toilets that the line supplies
water to. It also requires cutting a small hole in drywall/stucco to expose the pipe.
- If customer desires, we will arrange to have a water restoration company
come out to dry up the water and remove any damaged material. We work
with a few different water restoration providers that offer free on-site
estimates and test for mold. If you have a preferred provider, please
provide us with their contact information and we will contact them to
explain the situation.
When water restoration service is not needed and faulty pipe is accessible:
- We will repair the faulty pipe the same day and restore full water service.
Upon completion of the repair, we perform a series of test to verify the
leak is no longer present.
We Will Help with Your Homeowners Insurance Claim
We understand that dealing with a slab water leak can be extremely stressful
on homeowners. If your homeowner’s policy provides coverage for
slab leaks, we go out of our way to help you through the process of working
with your insurance adjuster. We are available to meet directly with them
to go over the situation, provide a written report on leak detection findings,
and recommend the best repair option, all as a part of our Woodland Hills
leak detection service.
Learn more about how we can help you; call
(818) 805-1159 or
contact us online today!